Sunday, April 10, 2011

TJ Rockwell's Raging Rhino Pale Ale

I went to dinner at TJ Rockwell’s in Mechanicsburg, and I noticed that they had a house brew on their draft list. I inquired as to whom the brewer was, and the waiter responded that the Raging Rhino Pale Ale was brewed by Magic Hat. The beer was served with an orange, but seeing as how they put fresh blueberries into the Sea Dog Blue Paw, I should not have been surprised by this. The beer pours a golden color with an almost non-existent head. The aroma is light and malty with lemon and some spicy notes. The taste is light and spicy with plenty pale malts, a little butterscotch, and a light hop accent. It has a lightly dry finish and a bit watered down finish. I’m not sure what the alcohol content is, but I would estimate it to be around 5.5% ABV. While this beer is not very intense, I could see it being refreshing on the deck of TJ Rockwell’s in the warm summer months, and I believe this is what they were going for when they created this beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment