Friday, April 15, 2011

Jackie O's Cabernet Cherryman

As part of a small bottle share event, I got to try a glass of Jackie O’s Cabernet Cherryman. The beer pours a dark brown color with a bubbly tan head. The aroma consists of cherry, vinegar, and has some chocolate hints. The taste is chocolate at first with a big sour cherry bite quickly enveloping the mouth. The finish brings on a pinch on the back of mouth, and a dark cherry flavor lingers in the after taste. I’m not sure of the alcohol content, but I would guess it to be around 6.0% ABV. I really enjoyed the sourness of this beer without it being overwhelming. Don’t get me wrong, the pinch in the back of the mouth is intense, but does not ruin the flavor of the beer, or the sweet dark cherry after taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment