Monday, April 11, 2011

Goose Island Madame Rose

I received a bottle of Goose Island Madame Rose in a beer trade with my friend Tim. This beer was acquired prior to the A-B/InBev takeover of Goose Island. The beer pours a dark amber color with an orange-red hue and a thin, filmy white head. The aroma consists of vinegar, sour cherries, Belgian yeast, and light malts. The taste is nicely tart with a frontal presence of sour cherries and a good amount of tongue-drying vinegar. On the finish, the beer sweetens a little bit with some Belgian yeast and the sweet side of the cherries. The alcohol content is 6.5% ABV. I liked hoe the vinegar and tart cherries in this beer were never overpowering or too tart, providing a wonderfully enjoyable sour beer. This is definitely on of my favorite sours, if not the best I have ever had.

1 comment:

  1. Glad that you enjoyed it. It's one of my best as well.
    Tim Dean

    ReplyDelete