Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Rooster Fish Brewing Hop Warrior Double IPA

While in the Finger Lakes region and in Watkins Glen, my fiancee and I stopped in to Rooster Fish Brewing. The first beer I ordered was the Hop Warrior Double IPA. The beer pours a dark amber color with a thin filmy white head. The aroma consists of tangerine, grapefruit, caramel, and pepper. The taste is bitter with citrus up front including tangerine, grapefruit, and orange. It finishes with spruce, pine, and pepper as the hop oil lingers on the tongue. The alcohol content is 8.7% ABV. While I saw some poor reviews on BeerAdvocate, it seems that a lot of them stemmed from the bottled version of this beer. Also, BA has it listed as an 8.0% ABV beer, so the recipe may have been modified.  I had it on tap and it was quite fresh, citrusy, and delivered on everything I expected from a Double IPA.

No comments:

Post a Comment