Saturday, October 6, 2012

J.W. Lees Harvest Ale 2011

I’m not quite sure, but it took me this long to finally get my first J.W. Lees Harvest Ale, a 2011 vintage.  The beer pours an amber color with a frothy cream colored head that leaves a light lacing on the glass on the way down. The aroma consists of honey, raisin, fig, earth, and candisugar. The taste is smooth with caramel, honey, and malts up front with raisin and fig flavors mixed in as well. An earthy spice takes over with pepper and grass as well. The finish has toffee and Belgian yeast sweetness. The alcohol content is 11.5% ABV. I thoroughly enjoyed the flavors in this beer and how the sweetness worked so well with the spices. I would absolutely get another one or two and lay it down to see how it ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment