Monday, February 27, 2012

Captain Lawrence Barrel Select Series Black

I received a bottle of Captain Lawrence Barrel Select Series Black from my buddy Tim in a beer trade. The beer pours dark brown color with a bubbly beige colored head. The aroma consists of cherry, light tartness, a hint of vinegar, chocolate, and a bit of toasted malts. The taste is tart with cherry right on the front end and plenty of vinegar. This works well with the toasted malt and chocolate base that the beer is built with, and nothing is overpowering the other. The alcohol content is 10.0% ABV. I thoroughly enjoyed this beer, with the sour cherry flavor playing very well with the chocolate and toasted malt base. It incorporated almost everything that I love about beer, and I would love to have another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment