Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Iron Hill Winter Wheat Wine Oh!

I had my buddy Matt pick me up a bottle of Iron Hill Winter Wheat Wine Oh! From Iron Hill in West Chester. The beer pours a reddish amber color with a frothy off-white head that laces to the glass. The aroma consists of raisins, figs, grapes, caramel, and molasses. The taste is sweet and powerful with lots of raisins and figs on the front end. The beer has some more sweetness with caramel, molasses, and lots of honey, and on the finish there is a light spicy and citrusy hop bitterness. The citrus flavors I get are orange, tangerine, and lemon. The alcohol content is 10.0% ABV. Overall, the Winter Wheat Wine Oh! was a delicious beer. I definitely recommend letting this beer warm up, as if it is drank too cold, it errs on the sweet side and isn't quite as enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment