Friday, October 1, 2010

JoBoy's BrewPub American IPA

I stopped into JoBoy's BrewPub in Manheim because my girlfriend wanted to take me there (perfect night out). The first beer I ordered following extensive research on the website was the American IPA. The beer pours a golden orange color that is opaque with a frothy white head. The aroma consists of lemon, pine, orange, grapefruit, and caramel. The taste has a solid caramel base with a good lemon and grapefruit accent. There is an excellent helping of pine on the finish and a bitter after taste. Delightfully, there is some orange zest left to linger in the mouth. The alcohol content is 6.5% ABV. I thought the American IPA was a really good IPA, up there with some of the best, with an excellent hop bite. I wasn't expecting the unfiltered appearance, but this beer was really tasty and paired really well with the spicy barbecue sauce.

1 comment: