Saturday, October 2, 2010

Dry Dock Bligh's Old Ale

Dry Dock Brewing Company won Small Brewing Company of the year at Great American Beer Fest in 2009, so on my visit in 2010, I decided to stop in and check out a few of their offerings. One of the beers I ordered was Bligh's Old Ale. The beer pours a copper color with a thin filmy off-white head. The aroma consists of caramel with raisins and dark fruits. The taste is sweet and malty with lots of raisin, oak accents, and a healthy offering of dark fruits on the finish. The alcohol content is 6.9% ABV. I thought that Bligh's Old Ale was quite a smooth drinker, but I did expect it to have a higher alcohol content. The oak accents the alcohol content somewhat, making it jump out on the tongue more so than expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment