Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Brouwerij de Molen Storm & Averij

I must admit that I have fallen in love with the Falling Rock Tap House in Denver. This will be my go to craft bar for all future visits, as their draft and bottle selection is superior to almost any place I have been. One of the bottles I selected from the list was the Brouwerij de Molen Storm & Averij. The beer pours a golden color with a lofty frothy white head. The aroma consists of fresh hops, lemon, grass, earth, and yeast. The taste is smooth but bitey, big on yeast and banana, and has copious amounts of spices. Following all of that flavor explosion is a big hop finish that lingers into the after taste. The alcohol content is 9.2%. Wow. Wow. Wow. The amount of flavors actually packed into the bottle were amazing, and I passed this beer around to several other craft beer lovers. Each one of them reacted similarly, and it could been seen in their eyes. If you can get your hands onto one of these bottles, jump at the chance to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment