Saturday, August 11, 2012

New Belgium Lips of Faith Prickly Passion Saison

My buddy Matt picked me up a bottle of New Belgium Lips of Faith Prickly Passion Saison and I opened it to share at our weekly bottle share. The beer pours a golden color with a bubbly white head the recedes rather rapidly. The aroma consists of passion fruit, pear, fruit cup, pineapple, and orange. The taste is fruity at first with passion fruit, pineapple, orange, pear, green apple, and a fruit cup. Then a cardboard funk comes out and has a hint of pepper. The alcohol content is 8.5% ABV. This beer didn’t hit any saison flavors on my tongue and really left a somewhat foul taste behind. I really wanted to like it, but the fruit flavors muddled the better flavors in the beer and made it very disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment