Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Lawson's Finest Liquids Double Sunshine IPA

In a beer trade with my friend Michael, I received a bottle of Lawson’s Finest Liquids Double Sunshine IPA. The beer pours a golden color with a thin frothy white colored head that leaves a little lacing on the glass. The aroma consists of tangerine, hop funk, marijuana, orange, grapefruit, caramel, and pepper. The taste is funky and hoppy, but not bitter. There is a marijuana flavor to it with plenty of citrus including orange, tangerine, and grapefruit. The finish sweetens a little with caramel and sweet lemon, but finishes peppery and grassy on the tongue. The alcohol content is 8.0% ABV. If I had to compare this to another beer, I would say Heady Topper. It is fresh, funky, and weed-like, just like Heady Topper. I loved every drop of it and would recommend it to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment