Sunday, July 1, 2012

New Belgium Lips of Faith Tart Lychee

I picked up a bottle of New Belgium Lips of Faith Tart Lychee from State Line Liquors in Elkton, MD and decided to share it with some friends. The beer pours a cloudy golden color with a frothy white head that leaves some lacing on the glass. The aroma consists of what I assume to be lychee (I’ve never smelled it before) but I would liken it to raspberry and cranberry. The taste is light and dry and very bubbly on the tongue. There is a tart lychee (I get the name!) flavor that tastes like raspberry. Cinnamon dryness on finish adds a pie crust flavor and balances everything rather nicely. The alcohol content is 7.5% ABV. This was a rather delicious wild ale. Having never tasted or smelled lychee before, I wasn’t sure what to expect but I enjoyed my first exposure to the fruit and I would definitely buy this beer again.

1 comment:

  1. Good to know. I bought a bottle an am optimistic, but still a little wary. Not as much so after reading this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete