Saturday, June 9, 2012

Brouwerij Van Viven Smoked Porter

In my May shipment from the Michael Jackson Rare Beer of the Month club, I received a bottle of Brouwerij Van Viven Smoked Porter. The beer pours a dark brown color with a frothy tan head that leaves a thin lacing on the glass. The aroma is filled with smoke and also smells of wood, bbq, meat, chocolate, toasted malts, and caramel. The taste is dry and smoky with a dark Belgian chocolate base that makes the beer dry. A light caramel sweetness arrives before toasted malts, wood, and pepper spice up the finish. The alcohol content is 7.0% ABV. There was a wonderful smoke content in this beer, making it an overly delicious beer. I wouldn’t say it was my favorite smoked beer that I have had, but it was pretty darn close.

No comments:

Post a Comment