Friday, September 2, 2011

Pearl Street Grill & Brewery Sabres Edge

While killing time in Buffalo, my fiancee and I decided to stop in to Pearl Street Grill & Brewery. I ordered a glass of Sabres Edge, a Double IPA. The beer pours an amber color with a frothy off-white colored head. The aroma consists of grapefruit, tangerine, caramel, and pepper. The taste is bitter and citrusy with lots of grapefruit on the front end. Besides the grapefruit, tangerine and lemon takes focus before the finish brings out a dry and piny flavor that leaves some hop oil behind on the tongue. The alcohol content is 8.0% ABV. For my first beer from Pearl Street, I was quite impressed with their Double IPA. It wasn’t overly bitter, but I loved the hop oils and resins left behind on the tongue that let the flavor linger for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment