Monday, August 15, 2011

Red Brick Double IPA

I received a bottle of Red Brick Double IPA in a beer trade (my first ever and also by using Google+) with Lance Martin (Beers of the Night) and Alfred Hugh Leonard III. The beer pours an amber color with a foamy off-white colored head that leaves some lacing on the glass. The aroma consists of sweet grapefruit and tangerine with a large caramel base. The taste is smooth and sweet at first with plenty of caramel before some bitter flavors of grapefruit, lemon, and tangerine kick in on the tongue. There is a bit of lingering pepper in the finish and a piny after taste. The alcohol content is 9.0% ABV. This Double IPA sides on the slightly more bitter side of things rather than sweeter, but it is quite delicious and has a nice citrus profile. I would consider ordering this beer again if I find myself in Georgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment