Sunday, August 14, 2011

Cigar City Jose Marti

My buddy Adam brought a bottle of Cigar City Jose Marti over to my house to share amongst friends. The beer pours a dark brown color with a bubbly tan head. The aroma consists of oak, red wine, toasted malts, earth/dirt, and smoke. The taste brings out some tobacco flavors right up front with some licorice accents. It is a dry beer with plenty of oak flavors. Toasted malts take a back seat, but make their presence known. The alcohol content 8.0% ABV. I would liken drinking this beer to what chewing a cigar must taste like. The malts provide sweetness, but the tobacco and smoky flavors really take over the beer. I didn't hate the Jose Marti like some of my friends did, but I did find it to be dry and very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment