Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Weyerbacher Blasphemy Ale

I had my buddy Jeff pick up three bottles of Weyerbacher Blasphemy Ale in New Jersey for me since they haven’t seemed to make their way into the Central Pennsylvania area. The beer pours a orange-tinted, dark amber color with a thin filmy white head. The aroma consists of raisin, orange, malts, alcohol, brown sugar, fig, and cherry. The mouth feel of this beer is smooth and rounded with a slight creaminess to it and tiny carbonation bubbles that tickle the tongue. The taste is sweet and malty with lots of raisin, fig, and brown sugar on the front end. A sharp alcohol bite transitions into the finish with a slight sweetness of orange. The after taste brings out a quick cherry flavor before dry malts, chocolate, and biscuit flavors come out. The alcohol content is 11.8% ABV. The smoothness of this beer was impeccable, but the alcohol bite really makes its presence known. I like the brown sugar and raisin malt sweetness, all with a light orange twist. If you can locate this beer (I had to get it outside of PA, go figure), I recommend it, and I really look forward to the two bottles I placed in my cellar.

No comments:

Post a Comment