Monday, July 11, 2011

Bear Republic Racer 5 IPA

I finally got around to actually ordering and writing a review of Bear Republic Racer 5 IPA. The beer pours an amber color with a thin bubbly white head. The aroma consists of grapefruit, tangerine, lemon, pine, and spruce. The taste is bitter but fresh with lots of lemon and grapefruit up front. It sweetens a bit with tangerine and caramel before a bitter finish arrives with pepper and pine flavors. The alcohol content is 7.0% ABV. This was a great IPA, and I can see why so many people recommend it. So I will jump on the bandwagon and recommend you try it if you have not.

2 comments:

  1. This is a beer that I drink 90% of the time it is on tap. Huge hop presence without being too bitter, and add in a touch of sweetness. If it wasn't 7%, I would drink it all night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. I will definitely be drinking this more frequently.

    ReplyDelete