Friday, January 28, 2011

Snowshoe Snoweizen Wheat Ale

The final beer I received in my beer of the month club was the Snowshoe Snoweizen Wheat Ale. The beer pours a golden color with a lofty and frothy white head. The aroma consists of lemon, cream, wheat, and grass. The taste is smooth and filled with lemon. The beer has a light body with some wheat flavor and a faint spice to it. The alcohol content is 5.1% ABV. This beer was a little too light bodied and not full of enough flavor for me. While it could be refreshing in the summer, it just didn't excite my palate.

1 comment:

  1. I just drank quite a bit of the Snoweizen recently up at the brewpub in Arnold. It was quite different than what is described here. Very flavorful. Full-bodied and creamy. Seemed more like a German Hefeweizen than an American.

    I suspect that the bottled beer is just different than what they sell on tap. I've seen other reviews that generally agree with yours. But to me the beer I had on tap was very interesting, and anything but light bodied.

    ReplyDelete