Saturday, January 29, 2011

Brew Dog Tokio

My buddy Adam gave me a bottle of BrewDog Tokio for my birthday, and I was really excited to give it a try. The beer pours a dark brown color with a foamy tan head. The aroma consists of chocolate, coffee, espresso, oak, and cream. The taste is smooth but huge on the tongue with lots of chocolate and coffee right at the forefront. The beer then has a warming alcohol bite that taste like bourbon. There is a sweet finish with juniper, molasses vanilla, and cherries. The alcohol content is 18.2% ABV. The warmth that comes with this beer accompanied with chocolate and coffee is such an enjoyment on the tongue that I really wanted to have another one of these, although at 18.2% ABV it is not advisable to have another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment