Thursday, October 21, 2010

Ithaca Cold Front

I stopped in to TJ's in Paoli for the Ithaca event that they had recently. The first beer I ordered was the Cold Front. The beer pours an amber color with frothy off-white head. The aroma consists of caramel, chocolate, candisugar, and malts with a good helping of Belgian yeast. The taste is big and bites hard with caramel and toasted malts, lots of spices, chocolate, raisin, and a nice hop bite. The carbonation in this beer is a little high and it definitely tingles the tongue. The alcohol content is 7.2% ABV. I enjoyed the smorgasbord of flavors encompassed in this beer and it really kept my tongue working throughout the experience to pick up all of the flavors. I would like to give this beer another try and see if I can pick up some additional flavors or aromas.

No comments:

Post a Comment