Saturday, September 4, 2010

Victory/Stone/Dogfish Head Saison du Buff

My coworker Paul gave me a bottle of the Victory / Stone / Dogfish Head Saison du Buff (brewed at Victory) to try. Having had the other two versions, I jumped at the chance. As with the other two versions, the beer pours an orange-yellow color but this one had almost no head. The aroma consists rosemary, butter, and sage. The taste consists of a smooth and lightly buttery taste yet crisp with orange and lemon flavors and a nice spice bit consisting of thyme, parsley, sage, and rosemary. The finish is a little peppery with a faint citrus accent The alcohol content is 6.8% ABV. Out of the three versions, I think this was my least favorite, but I still really enjoyed the beer. Without the other two versions, this would be a great beer; it's just I enjoyed the Stone and Dogfish Head versions more.

No comments:

Post a Comment