Friday, August 27, 2010

Lancaster Brewing Company Kolsch

I picked up a case of Lancaster Brewing Company Kolsch in cans for my trip to the beach. The beer pours a golden color with a lofty foamy white head. The aroma consists of lemon citrus and light hops. The taste is light and sweet with a good malt base and lemon accents. The beer finishes with a light spicy finish, but quite smooth. The alcohol content is 4.8% ABV. This Kolsch was a great example of the style and very well done. It pairs really well with the beach and summertime weather, so grab it while you CAN (see what I did there?) and take it on vacation.

1 comment:

  1. Jeff,

    Picture is making salivate even though I have a great Hop In The Dark Next to me right now from Deschutes. I love the Kolsch style...and as you know...a big fan or canned craft.

    Too damn bad I haven't been able to find anything from Lancaster here in Texas yet (if they even distribute here), I would love to try anything from them especially their Milk Stout.

    Anyway, on to THIS beer!

    First thing, I love the design and color of the can. It just looks like the cans of old and I always love that. ABV and the style itself is great for warmer and more sunny weather despite it's reputation as a beer for the cooler months...you're totally right there.

    ...and yes, I totally saw what you did there...you CAN totally pull that off ;)....

    Ilya

    ReplyDelete