Thursday, May 13, 2010

Sullivan's Potomac Pale Ale

My friend Ryan recently began home brewing and he gave me one of his beers to try. The first beer I had was a Pale Ale. He allowed me to give the beer a name, so I am going to call it Potomac Pale Ale since it was brewed in the DC area. The beer pours a golden color with a lofty foamy white head. There are a good amount of bubbles rising in the glass. The aroma has sour hops with light malt undertone. The taste is bubbly and carbonated up front with good malty backbones and a crisp hop finish. The alcohol content approximately 4% ABV. This beer shows a lot of promise for future brews. While it may have been crafted out of a home brew package, the process was followed correctly and it is noticeable in the taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment