Wednesday, April 14, 2010

New Belgium 2-Degrees Below Ale

Seeing as I cannot get New Belgium in Pennsylvania, I jump at the chance to pick some up when I see it, as in the case when I was in South Carolina and saw the 2-Degree Below Ale. The beer pours a copper color with a bubbly white head. The aroma is sweet with a light citrus pinch on the nostrils. The taste is malty and citrusy, mostly orange with some lemon and white grapes added in there. While drinking, I thought it had somewhat of a mimosa flavor to it. The beer then finished with a little bit of a oak undertone and dry hops, which dried out my mouth a great deal. The alcohol content is 6.6% ABV. I liked the 2-Degree Below Ale, but not as my favorite New Belgium brew. I really liked the flavors, but the dryness was not what I was expecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment