Saturday, September 12, 2009

Southern Tier Pumking Imperial Pumpkin Ale

I grew tired of waiting for McGrath's to add Southern Tier Pumking Imperial Pumpkin Ale to the draft list, so I picked up two 22-ounce bottles at Wegman's. The beer is orange in color with a ginger aroma. There is a sweet pumpkin flavor with heavy ginger accent. I think that it tastes just like pumpkin pie. The beer is a little dry on the finish with cinnamon and vanilla. The alcohol content is 9.0% ABV. This is by far one of my favorite pumpkin beers. The flavors in the beer are excellent, and none of them are overpowering. Each flavor accents the others nicely and provides a round flavor. If you only select one beer this fall, try this one. I am going to make a trip back to Wegman's just to get more bottles of the Pumking.

No comments:

Post a Comment