Saturday, May 30, 2009

Troegs Scratch 19- Espresso Stout


I slipped down to the Troegs Brewery today. I went to the growler filling station with my growler and was disappointed to find out that they were out of the Scratch 19- Espresso Stout. Since I made the 5-minute journey to the brewery, I decided to fill my growler with Troegenator. When I received my growler back, I asked the guy working how long ago they kicked the keg. He said that I missed it by about 20 minutes, but there should be some left available for samples only at the bar.

I immediately went to the bar to at least have a try of this anticipated Scratch Series beer. Fortunately for me, there was some beer left for sampling. The Espresso Stout has an excellent coffee aroma with a nice dark color. The flavor has a very strong coffee taste with a nutty accent and a slight bitter after taste. It has a full, robust taste that keeps the taste buds piqued. The alcohol content is 9.5%. I enjoyed the beer, but not quite as much as Appalachian Brewing Company's Espresso Stout. However, I am very disappointed that I could not get a full growler of Troegs Espresso Stout and hope that this recipe makes it's way around again on the scratch list again.

No comments:

Post a Comment