Monday, March 16, 2009

Perfecto Las Vegas- Paul Oakenfold

From Day 4


Part of my trip to Las Vegas involved checking out Paul Oakenfold as part of Perfecto Vegas at the Rain Nightclub located in the Palms. I had previously seen Oakenfold in a stadium situation, which was awesome, but I have heard amazing things about his club experience. The entire night was audio-visual stimulation. Just prior to Oakenfold coming out to spin, gymnasts and masked creatures entered the club.
From Day 4

From Day 4

I overheard several people who were confused at first when they saw these creatures enter, but were very much in awe. When the fire was added in, the stage was complete and ready for the greatest DJ to take his place behind the LED turntable.
From Day 4

I heard one attendee call his friend on the phone and say this experience was crazy but the coolest thing he has ever seen. I would totally have to agree. Oakenfold opened with an amazing mix of "Sex on Fire" by Kings of Leon and played a wide variety of music. The actors in the show also walked around the VIP tables, which I was fortunate to get upgraded to (Thanks Tatiana!)
From Day 4
Naturally, he also played an amazing mix of The Killers, since the band is from Las Vegas. The sound system set up for the show was incredible, with bass-thumping speakers that made my ears ring after the show. The dancers really helped add to the atmosphere as well, with thier black light reflective outfits.
From Day 4

Overall, I rate this experience as a must-see in Vegas. I could tell that several people had not heard of Paul Oakenfold, but everyone I talked to really enjoyed the show and the experience. There is something for everyone, including a club experience, a Las Vegas level show with acrobatics and fire, and one hell of an experience that screams "Only in Vegas". I can't wait for the CD to be released from the show.
From Day 4

No comments:

Post a Comment