Sunday, February 15, 2009

Bullfrog Brewery

The second brewery adventure of the day was Bullfrog Brewery located in Williamsport, PA. We ate here and also enjoyed the brews.

The Beers

Billtown Blonde
The first beer I had was the Billtown Blonde. I liked how smooth and crisp the flavor of the beer is. It is a very good compliment to greasy food.

Old Toad Barleywine
Barleywines can be very hit or miss. The Old Toad was full of flavor, very sweet, a little bite. Although it is over 100 IBU's, the flavor is not too hoppy.

Smoked Porter
The Smoked Porter tasted exactly as it sounds. There was a very strong hint of smoked flavor, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Overall, it drank pretty smooth. I'm not sure how many one could drink in one sitting, but it is a very good beer.

Dread Double Red
I thought the Dread Double Red had the perfect amount of hops, which followed by a nice little bite at the end of a sip. I like how the beer is very cloudy and drinks very smooth.

Food

I ordered the Buffalo Chicken Cheese Steak and I was not disappointed. It has a great flavor and is very filling. I highly suggest the sweet potato fries on the side. Everyone's meals looked good and I know everyone left the place stuffed.

Overall

I think Bullfrog Brewery is a must-visit brewery. The atmosphere is very welcoming. The back wall is covered with growlers from various breweries, so it also gives me a few more breweries to visit.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the nice review. Our growler collection is fairly new and growing quickly. We trade growlers for ones we need. Come again, bring a growler, and ask for me.
    Bob Koch
    owner

    ReplyDelete