Saturday, January 10, 2009

Victory St. Victorious




So I like beer.  Actually, I love beer.  And I especially like to try various types of beers.  When I was in Pittsburgh at Mad Mex, I happened across St. Victorious Doppelbock made by Victory Brewing Company in Downingtown, PA.  I really like winter seasonals, so I thought I would try this beer, even thought I usually don't like Victory Beers due to their high hop content.  But this beer is fantastic and has a nice robust taste.

According to Victory's website:

"From the tradition started by the monks of St. Francis of Paula in 1634 comes this warming beer of rich heritage. A dark, rich lager of sublime complexity and character, St. Victorious is created from multiple German malts. Laborious decoction mashing yields the choicest elements of the malt. Long, cold aging mellows the strong temperament of this subtle beer. Celebrate the end of winter with a warming draft of St. Victorious Doppelbock!

Malts: 2 row German malt, including Beech smoked malt
Hops: German whole flowers
Alcohol by volume: 7.6%"


Go out and get some of this beer.  The site says it's available from mid-February through March, but it was available on draft already.

No comments:

Post a Comment