Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Stone Vertical Epic 12.12.12

I stopped in at Al’s of Hampden to pick up a bottle of Stone Vertical Epic 12.12.12, the final beer in the series. The beer pours a dark brown color with a lofty and frothy tan colored head that leaves specks of lacing behind on the glass. The aroma consists of candisugar, tobacco, chocolate, raisin, fig, cinnamon, allspice, orange, and nutmeg. The taste is rich and fruity with raisin, dates, fig, orange, and rose all up front. The base of the beer is built with chocolate and tobacco flavors, and the finish has a dry and spicy hop flavor to it that brings along some lemon zest and pine. The alcohol content is 9.0% ABV. I really enjoyed this blend of spices and dark fruits, as it was like no other beer I have tried before. It was hoppy yet full of tobacco and chocolate, keeping me on the edge of my seat throughout the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment