Sunday, December 16, 2012

Catwba Valley La Saison Noir

My friends picked up a growler of Catawba Valley La Saison Noir from Bruisin’ Ales for us to drink at the hotel during my bachelor party. The beer pours a black color with a frothy cream colored head. The aroma consists of chocolate, lemon, and pepper. The taste is smooth with chocolate and lemon and hints of pepper. An earthy finish combined with toasted malts yielded a smooth and delicious. The alcohol content is not available online, but I would assume it to be about 6.0% ABV. This was an interesting beer to say the least, as the roasted and chocolate flavors did combine well with the spicy and earthy notes. However, I didn’t like it as much as I thought I would have, and there was something missing that I can’t put my finger on.

No comments:

Post a Comment