Sunday, November 11, 2012

Crooked Stave Chardonnay Barrel Aged Surette Reserva

While at the Crooked Stave barrel room, my friends and I ordered a glass of Surette Reserva Chardonnay Barrel Aged to share. The beer pours an orange-tinted golden color with almost no head. Some white bubbles did appear, but they were few and far between. The aroma is tart and consists of vinegar, lemon, and chardonnay. The taste is also tart with a light pucker. Lemon, wheat, vinegar, oak, chardonnay, and white grapes all find their time on the tongue. The alcohol content is 6.2% ABV. This is one of the better beers that I have ever tasted. The grape and chaddonay flavors the infused the lemony and tart beer played so well with the oak flavors. I'm glad I have a few bottles of this to let aged and see how it develops.

No comments:

Post a Comment