Friday, October 12, 2012

Brasserie Castelain Grand Cru Blonde Biere de Garde

As part of my August shipment from the Michael Jackson Rare Beer of the Month Club, I received a bottle of Brasserie Castelain Grand Cru Blonde Biere de Garde. The beer pours a golden color with a lofty foamy white colored head. The aroma consists of hay, pepper, barnyard funk, lemon, and caramel. The taste is sweet and smooth with caramel and plenty of toffee on the front end before a light peppery hop bite kicks in on the tongue. Hay, straw, and barnyard funk kick in on the finish, and a sugary after taste is left behind. The alcohol content is 7.8% ABV. I liked the flavor of this beer, although it was maybe a slight bit sweeter than I would prefer for a Biere de Garde. Either way, I would definitely drink this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment