Sunday, August 19, 2012

Crescent City Brewhouse Red Stallion

While at Crescent City Brewhouse in New Orleans, I noticed that they were known for their Red Stallion, so I decided to order a glass after being disappointed with the Belgian Ale. The beer pours a red-amber color with a frothy white colored head. The aroma consists of caramel, grass, sweet malts, and toffee. The taste starts with caramel before a metallic off-taste takes over. Some grass and light toffee peek through, but the finish almost has a chlorine flavor. I noticed that most of the beers had a similar off-taste. The alcohol content is 5.8% ABV. I absolutely abhorred this beer and would never drink it again. The metallic and chlorine flavors were so off-putting that I barely could finish a glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment