Thursday, April 12, 2012

Upright Brewing Five

As part of my March shipment from the Michael Jackson Rare Beer of the Month Club, I received a bottle of Upright Brewing Five. This was my first beer from this brewery, so I was excited to try it. The beer pours a an orange-tinted golden color with a lofty and frothy white head that leaves a nice patterned lacing on the glass. The aroma consists of grass, lemon, funk, pine, orange, and tangerine. The taste is hoppy and bitter with a strong injection of citrus flavors including tangerine, orange, and lemon. A light body sits behind the hops and has a bit of caramel flavors. On the finish, plenty of pepper and grass complement the beer, and some toffee is left behind on the tongue. The alcohol content is 5.5% ABV. I enjoyed this beer as a hopped up version of a farmhouse ale, as it brought along some funk and grassy flavors, but really drove home the citrus flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment