Saturday, April 7, 2012

Goose Island Bramble Rye Bourbon County Stout

I cannot fully describe the excited I showed when I saw that The Lazy Boy Saloon in White Plains, NY had a bottle of Goose Island Bramble Rye Bourbon County Stout on my recent visit there. The beer pours a black color with a frothy tan head. The aroma consists of heavenly chocolate, raspberry, vanilla, bourbon, and blackberry. The taste is slightly fruity on a solid chocolate base. Raspberry and blackberry provide a bit of a sweetness combined with lots of vanilla before the bourbon comes out to dry out the mouth. A hint of toasted malts is left behind on the tongue to play with the fruit. The alcohol content is 12.7% ABV. This, simply put, was an amazing beer filled with so many varying flavors. The fruit accents added another dimension to the typical Bourbon County Stout, and I really was thankful for the opportunity to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment