Thursday, April 26, 2012

Epic Brewing Brainless on Peaches

My buddy Adam opened a bottle of Epic Brainless on Peaches for his birthday while I was at his house. The beer pours a golden color with a bubbly white head. The aroma is big on peach with cream, apple juice, lemon, and grass mixed in as well. The taste is dryer than I expected from the aroma. Peaches, lemon, hay, grass, banana, and oak all make a presence, and it is the hay, grass, and oak that really dry out the mouth. The alcohol content is 10.8% ABV. This beer was way different than I expected. I went in assuming a light-bodied citrus flavored beer with lots of peach accents to it, but instead I encountered a beer that was almost like a dry wine. There was a light sweetness in the background with a funk to it that make it extremely interesting, but much more complex than I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment