Saturday, March 24, 2012

Brouwerij Drie Fonteinen Armand’4 Oude Geuze Zomer (Summer)

My fiancee Janine won a bottle of Brouwerij Drie Fonteinen Armand’4 Oude Geuze Zomer (Summer) at a bottle share, and I was lucky enough she wanted to share it with me. The beer pours a golden color with a lively and lofty frothy off-white colored head that leaves plenty of lacing on the glass. The aroma consists of hay, horse blanket, barnyard funk, lemon, pepper, straw, and earth. The taste is sour and tart with a nice puckering effect. There is hay, barnyard funk, earth, and lemon. Light citrus comes out with musky and dank taste with hints of mint. All of this mixes very well together, and on the finish pepper and a nice dryness that reminds me of a summer in the field. The alcohol content is 6.0% ABV. This was a wonderful beer and was perfect to drink on a warm spring day. It makes me think of summer and how I can’t wait for it to get here.

No comments:

Post a Comment