Saturday, January 21, 2012

Cisco Brewers Indie Pale Ale

I grabbed a bottle of Cisco Brewers Indie Pale Ale from D’s Six Pax and Dogz while in Pittsburgh. The beer pours a copper color with a foamy white colored head that leaves some lacing behind on the glass. The aroma consists of grapefruit, tangerine, passion fruit, caramel, lemon, and pine. The taste is dry and bitter with roasted caramel coming up front before the citrus burst of grapefruit, tangerine, orange, and lemon. There are also hints of passion fruit before the finish brings out pepper and spruce. The alcohol content is 7.58% ABV. I like the citrus aspect of this beer, but I felt that the toasted malt flavors slightly got in the way of it being refreshing and excellently hopped. Don’t get me wrong: I liked the beer, but I wouldn’t put it up there with the best IPAs.

No comments:

Post a Comment