Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Weeping Radish OBX Beer

My buddy Jeff brought me a bottle of Weeping Radish OBX Beer from the Outer Banks. I’ve had this beer many years ago when it was just named Kolsch, and absolutely loved it. The beer pours a pale golden color with a frothy white head that leaves some lacing on the glass. The aroma consists of lemon, wheat, pepper, and some hints of grass and caramel. The taste is smooth and light on the tongue with a nice lemon flavor that comes on the front end. The beer finishes with grassy and peppery hops that leave a bit of dryness on the tongue. The alcohol content is 6.0% ABV. This beer still stands as my favorite kolsch style beer, as it is the smoothest and most flavorful I’ve ever had with the style. IF you can get your hands on this beer, do so immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment