Thursday, November 17, 2011

Troegs-Fat Head's Scratch 51- Fat Scratch 51

I stopped in to the new Troegs tasting room to try Scratch 51- Fat Scratch Fever, the collaboration with Fat Head’s. The collaboration came about by Troegs letting Fat Head’s take the old brewing equipment for a spin before it was moved to Fat Head’s. When I arrived, the keg had just kicked, but thankfully my friend Justin gave me some of his beer to try. The beer pours an amber color with a frothy white head that leaves a little lacing on the glass. The aroma consists of grapefruit, tangerine, orange, and pepper. The taste is dry and bitter and is grapefruit forward before some tangerine and orange come out as well. The finish has pepper and pine with the slightest hints of caramel. In the after taste, there is some lingering hops oils on the tongue. The alcohol content is 5.5% ABV. This was a wonderful beer and I would hope that Troegs and Fat Head’s get together again to make this beer, as it was the hop heaven I would expect from these two brewers. Note: I stopped back in to the tasting room when another keg was tapped and got myself a full glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment