Monday, November 7, 2011

Iron Hill Bourbon Pumpkin Dubbel

I went to Iron Hill in Lancaster for their Great Pumpkin Harvest Party. The first beer I ordered was the Bourbon Pumpkin Dubbel. The beer pours a murky brown color with a thin filmy off-white colored head. The aroma consists of cherry, sweet bourbon, fresh pumpkin, and raisin. The taste has raisin and molasses right up front with some sweet pumpkin accents and a dry cinnamon accent. Overall, the flavor was comparable to a mincemeat pie or hot spiked cider. The finish has a light warming bourbon flavor that was just wonderful. The alcohol content is not available online, but I would guess it to be about 8.0% ABV. This was my favorite beer of the evening, as it had such wonderful fall-like qualities to it, including pie and cider. There is nothing I would rather be drinking as the leaves change color than this Bourbon Pumpkin Dubbel.

No comments:

Post a Comment