Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Bull and Bush Black Coast IPA

My friends and I went to dinner at Bull and Bush in Denver and I decided to order their Black Coast IPA, a black IPA. The beer pours a black color with a frothy tan head that leaves lacing on the glass. The aroma consists of chocolate, lemon, and pepper. The taste is bitter with lemon, toasted malts, and a  chocolate roundness that balances out everything. There is a peppery finish with pine that dries out the mouth a little bit and puts some spice on the back of the tongue. The alcohol content is not available online, but I would estimate it to be about 6.5% ABV. I would put this beer as a solid performer in the category. It's not the standard bearer or as intense as Stone's 15th Anniversary, but it was quite enjoyable and went very well with the honey-bourbon-chipotle wings that we ordered as an appetizer.

No comments:

Post a Comment