Sunday, July 31, 2011

Krebs Signature Biere De Garde

I was able to sample part of a bottle of Krebs Signature Biere De Garde when my friend Deuane was clearing out his cellar. The beer pours a caramel color with a bubbly off-white color. The aroma consists of caramel, toffee, and pine. The taste is smooth and malty with lots of caramel and toffee, some apple, biscuit, and Belgian spices. The was some grassy and earthy hops balancing out the sweetness, and a slightly watery finish. This beer also had a very bubbly mouth feel. The alcohol content is 7.0% ABV. I must say I was left neither satisfied nor unsatisfied with this beer. I think it was more malty and had a lot more caramel that most Biere de Garde beers, and I wasn’t a big fan of the finish. However, it was quite refreshing and an interesting take on the style.

No comments:

Post a Comment