Thursday, May 19, 2011

Spring House Peanut Butter Chocolate Stout

I made a trip to the Spring House Tap Room to pick up a growler of Peanut Butter Chocolate Stout. This beer was served on nitro, so I drank it the same evening that I bought it. The beer pours a black color with a foamy tan head. The aroma consists of lots of chocolate, peanut butter, peanuts, sugar, and smells similar to the chocolate covered peanut butter wafers that I used to eat in high school. The taste is smooth and milky with plenty of chocolate as expected. There is a good peanut butter undertone to comes to life and the front of the beer as it warms. There is a dry finish with dark chocolate. The alcohol content is 8.0% ABV. While this beer started out as a good beer, it turned to an excellent beer as it warmed, so I would definitely recommend that you let it warm if you get your hands on a glass or growler.

No comments:

Post a Comment