Sunday, May 1, 2011

Big Sky Ivan the Terrible

While at the Stone Brewery and World Bistro Gardens, I noticed that the bottle list had Big Sky Ivan the Terrible on it, so I decided to order a bottle. I must have been distracted by my friends that I have not seen in years, and I totally forgot to snap a picture. The beer pours a black color with a thin bubbly tan head. The aroma consists of chocolate, lots of alcohol, slight coffee accents, vanilla, and caramel. The taste is smooth with vanilla and chocolate before the alcohol kicks in and dries the mouth and plenty of coffee. The bourbon accents are amazing on the finish and there is a caramel after taste. The alcohol content is 10.0% ABV. Ivan was not terrible, but overly amazing. The smoothness to the beer just before the bourbon alcohol kick was rather impeccable and quite enjoyable. The amount of flavor was limitless, about I would love to have another bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment