Monday, April 4, 2011

Widmer Hefeweizen

I went out for my friend Tom's birthday when he was in town and we went to The Warwick Hotel & Restaurant in Hummelstown, PA. I ordered a glass of Widmer Hefeweizen while there. The beer pours a golden color with a thin filmy white head. The aroma consists of lemon, wheat, and and hint of pepper. The taste is surprisingly smoky with some lemon and wheat accents. The after taste retains the smoke flavor and it lingers for a while. The alcohol content is 4.9% ABV. I'm not sure if there was something in the line or not, but I had to reference Beer Advocate to see if others picked up the smokiness; no one else has with the exception of the two other people with me at The Wick. The beer had a bit of a BBQ style taste in the mouth, and was not what I expecting, but a decent tasting beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment