Friday, March 25, 2011

Troegs Scratch 43- India Pale Ale (5 of 4)

I stopped in to Troegs to pick up a case of Troegs Scratch 43- India Pale Ale (Number 5?! in a series of 4) in advance of the Perpetual IPA. The beer pours a straw yellow color, which was very surprising, with a frothy white head that laces to the glass. The aroma consists of grapefruit, tangerine, faint caramel, and pine. The taste is dry and bitter with lots of grapefruit, tangerine, orange peel, caramel, and pine on the tongue. The finish is very bready and and biscuity, with bitter pine and a hint of butterscotch. The alcohol content is 7.0% ABV. When I poured this beer, I was less than impressed when compared to the other four beers in the series, but after trying it, I really enjoyed the flavor and bitterness of the IPA.I wouldn’t say it was the best of the IPA series (here’s looking at you, Scratch 39), but it was still very enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment